Boston Day 3

๐Ÿ“Charlie's Sandwich Shop
429 Columbus Avenue, Boston

Breakfast today was a heavy brunch around 11-ish!

Our mushroom and cheese omelette with house fries (potato wedges) and a side of rye toast.

It baffles me how any one person could finish this entire serving. ๐Ÿ˜ฐ I felt like 3 of us girls would have been full just ordering this alone.
We had Cranberry Griddlecakes too which was so sour that I literally doused the entire pancake in honey. My tongue was burning from the sour sensation, it was unreal.
The guys' breakfast.
Their French toast looked pretty good too.
Boston is also filled with gorgeous buildings, something we never get to see in Singapore.
We went to Boston Public Library after brunch for photo taking opps.

I really love how our group's mentality is the same: go to one place, find a good angle, everyone takes an identical shot, then we rest a while and move onto the next location.

Top priority - photos. And everyone has different aesthetics.

I remember we went to Central Park in NY and S started snapping away, so I said "wow this is his kind of scenery?", meaning all the trees and grass.
Which was when J started looking around curiously at the trees.

Me: What are you looking for?
J: You said it's his kind of scenery?
Me: Ya! I did!
J: But I don't see any chiobus around?
Me: What? I was referring to the trees...

And all of us burst out laughing.
Had to take an #ootd with this flight of stairs.
Then I realized I was blocking the murals on the wall, so I sat down. ๐ŸŒš
But look at the study room in this library. I'm always shocked at how gorgeous the public libraries are. They're always so majestic and gorgeous, it's hard to picture them as a library.

The odd thing is though that we never ever go to the books section, we always end up in study rooms and galleries?
I mean, which library in Singapore has murals on the wall? ๐Ÿ˜ Our libraries are always white and grey and clean (not that there's anything wrong with that, because I like minimalist and clean spaces) but it's nice to see this for a change.
Tried on clothes in H&M! The jeans were $9.99 but the fit was so bad, it had 0 stretch whatsoever and wasn't high waist. I gave it a miss. The shirt was really nice but at USD25...
Jeans in a different colour and an oatmeal sweater! It was only USD12.99 and I wanted to get it but there was no size S. So I gave it a miss too.
Then we visited Boston Commons, a really large park.
I snapped a photo of this gorgeous duck who posed patiently for me. The animals here make me feel like Snow White.
I love how the skies here are always reflected in the waters.
Hello there! The park was teeming with squirrels, there were little critters bouncing everywhere.
Took photos of statues in the park.
Spotted a pretty statue.
And my crowning glory: a little squirrel who posed in a bed of grass for me. What a cutie.
Massachusetts State House!
Saw this little one doing... Yoga? No idea what it was doing, maybe just chilling under a tree? ๐Ÿ˜‚ It was the first time I've ever seen a squirrel do that.
Spotted a carousel!
๐Ÿ“Luke's Lobster
75 Exeter Street, Boston

Lobster rolls for dinner because why not.
Luke's!

The guys preferred yesterday's roll because this one had no mayo. But the buttered toasted bun for this was better.
Group shot LOL.
Afterward we went to the grocery shop together, and also Barnes and Noble.

I've always wanted to see Saks 5th a Avenue after reading the Shopaholic series!
Started reading this book and it was pretty interesting!
This though. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Then one of the guys implied I was one. ๐ŸŒš It's ok, ya, I could have written this book.
Driscoll's strawberries were $5 for 2 pounds. I wanted to buy the whole display.
We played bridge til 2AM. It is fast becoming our top bonding game and probably the only time I get along with a certain someone. ๐Ÿค”
Last night one of the guys found a centipede in his room. ON THE CEILING. Fml.

Then I realized I've been killing tons of those baby centipedes in my room.

Oh, my god. I've killed more creepy crawlies in my 2 days here than in my entire life.

#hazelnutinBoston #hazelnutonExchange

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boston Day 4

Orlando Day 3: Florida Mall